- Only 22% of men diagnosed with advanced stage four prostate cancer survive for five years.
- Ulster University (UU) scientists have declared a “significant” discovery in the treatment of prostate cancer.
- “By combining hormone therapy with this new drug, we have for the first time discovered a way to destroy these resistant cells that may otherwise lead to relapse or the spread of cancer cells.”
- “Hormone therapy is an effective treatment but its success with more resistant cancer cells is limited,” said Dr McKenna.
- Prostate cancer treatment ‘not always needed’
Ulster University scientists declare a ‘significant’ discovery in the treatment of prostate cancer.
Continue reading “Ulster scientists claim prostate cancer ‘discovery’”
- The network said the move happened on Oct. 14, after WikiLeaks first released emails stolen from Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta that showed Brazile had sent along questions to Clinton’s campaign.
- CNN cuts ties with Donna Brazile after she leaked questions
- CNN severs ties with Donna Brazile after she fed debate questions to Hillary Clinton
- Tags: donna brazile media 2016 election hillary clinton Send a Letter to the Editor Join the Conversation: facebook Tweet
- We are completely uncomfortable with what we have learned about her interactions with the Clinton campaign while she was a CNN contributor,” CNN spokeswoman Lauren Pratapas said in a statement.
CNN has accepted Donna Brazile’s resignation as a contributor after new hacked emails showed she tipped off Hillary Clinton’s campaign.
Continue reading “CNN severs ties with Donna Brazile after she fed debate questions to Hillary Clinton “
- The emails released today show she shared another question with the Clinton campaign before the CNN debate with Sanders.
- Leaked Clinton campaign emails released by WikiLeaks earlier this month and Monday show that Brazile shared questions with the Clinton camp before a March primary debate and a town hall.
- RELATED ARTICLE: Wikileaks: DNC Chair Donna Brazile Found To Have Given Clinton Another Debate Question
- 📰 Rumors Circulating on 4Chan – Clinton To Step Down On Tuesday!
- CNN Boots Donna Brazile To Save “Journalistic Integrity” Face
Understand that if criminal Clinton, were to become the US President, we would be facing an unprecedented constitutional crisis
Continue reading “CNN Shows Debate Cheater Donna Brazile The Front Door; Who’s Next?”
- Sons ‘fear talking to their fathers about mental health’
- The survey suggested that when fathers had encouraged their sons to be open about their mental health, 70% of teenagers were comfortable enough to do so.
- The mental health awareness campaign, run by charities Mind and Rethink Mental Illness, said the findings showed that young men take cues from their fathers when it comes to their attitudes towards mental health.
- “If we can break the negative cycle of men feeling unable to speak out, we can create a new generation of men who no longer feel isolated, ashamed and unable to reach out for the help that they, and everyone around them, needs to successfully manage their mental health.”
- The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites
Sons fear talking to their fathers about mental health issues, charity survey suggests.
Continue reading “Sons ‘fear talking to their fathers about mental health’”
- The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
- Victoria was diagnosed with breast cancer in July last year.
- Read about our approach to external linking.
- Over the course of her treatment she has recorded four video diaries to try and demystify the process, which can be watched below.
- Victoria’s breast cancer diary
Victoria Derbyshire’s breast cancer diary
Continue reading “BBC Two”
- A Diet High In Fiber May Help Protect Against Breast Cancer
- The researchers found that women who consumed high levels of fiber (28 grams per day, on average) had a 24 percent lower risk of developing breast cancer before menopause, compared with women who ate low levels of fiber (14 grams per day, on average).
- [suggesting] that the more fiber you eat during your high school years, the lower your risk is in developing breast cancer,” says Kimberly Blackwell, a breast cancer specialist at the Duke Cancer Center.
- Prior studies have shown dietary fiber can protect against colorectal cancer and may lower the risks of diabetes and heart disease.
- The fiber-rich foods altogether offer about 28.5 grams, or a woman’s daily recommended intake.
Eating fruits, vegetables, grains and beans high in fiber can help keep us healthy. A study finds yet another benefit: Women on a high-fiber diet had a lower risk of developing breast cancer.
Continue reading “A Diet High In Fiber May Help Protect Against Breast Cancer : The Salt : NPR”
- You can’t help wondering if your old habits might have left you with a higher risk of lung cancer.
- As a former smoker, your risk is lower than that of a current smoker, but unfortunately, the risk of cancer remains higher than a nonsmoker.
- Just living with a smoker increases your chance of developing lung cancer or heart disease from secondhand smoke by as much as 30 percent.
- The choice to quit smoking is one of the best health decisions you can make.
- Understanding the risk factors for heart disease can help you decide to take charge of your health, according to Johns Hopkins research.
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
Continue reading “Former Smokers: What’s Your Risk for Lung Cancer?”