- Get UNLIMITED access for only 99¢ per week Subscribe Now >
- Enjoy free unlimited access to Globe.com for the next two weeks.
- Get unlimited access and never miss a story
- Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.
- Subscribe to The Boston Globe today.
Hundreds of medical students and doctors from Harvard Medical School are urging Dana-Farber Cancer Institute to cancel a lavish fundraising event scheduled for Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club in Florida.
Continue reading “Harvard med students, doctors urge cancellation of Dana-Farber fundraiser at Mar-a-Lago”
- Barack Obama: 2009 Visited two months after inauguration; state visit after 28 months
- George W Bush: 2001 Visited six months after inauguration; state visit after 32 months
- State visits are not merely ceremonial affairs, they are political and purposeful.
- John F Kennedy: 1961 Visited five months after inauguration; no state visit
- Richard Nixon: 1969 Visited one month after inauguration; no state visit
The home secretary warns that the president’s travel restrictions are a “propaganda opportunity”.
Continue reading “Amber Rudd: Trump travel ban could help IS”
- Revealed: Britain’s Mental Health Crisis
- The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
- Read about our approach to external linking.
- Added, go to My Music to see full list.
- BBC One except Wales, Wales HD
The Mystery of the Unknown Man
Continue reading “BBC One”
- The women and girls in this campaign remind us that’s normal and create some strong images that we hope millions of women will relate to.”
- Sport England cites a total of 7.2 million women and girls being engaged in regular physical activity in the UK – an all-time high – and it is hoped that number will rise further with a campaign focusing on issues that still prevent many from making the step to a healthier lifestyle.
- The second phase of the sport-participation campaign This Girl Can has been launched, as part of ongoing efforts by Sport England to get more women and girls exercising regularly.
- The the Girl Can campaign has won more than 50 international awards to date
- “Most women still feel judged when they play sport or exercise,” added Price.
The award-winning sport-participation campaign returns to encourage women and girls to exercise regularly.
Continue reading “This Girl Can: Award-winning exercise-participation campaign returns”
- Under the president’s announced structure, Bannon has eclipsed the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Director of National Intelligence on the National Security Council.
- Axelrod: Former Breitbart chief Steve Bannon will exercise authority no political adviser has had before
- We did not attend the president’s regular meetings with the Secretary of Defense and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff nor with the Secretary of State.
- In elevating Bannon to sit with the Secretaries of Defense and State and other key national security figures on the NSC principals committee, President Trump has blazed new ground.
- Our expertise was in politics and communications, not national security and foreign policy and our attendance, much less participation, in these meetings would have been inappropriate.
Contrary to what Sean Spicer said, former Obama adviser says he and Robert Gibbs did not regularly attend the most sensitive National Security Council meetings. Including adviser Steve Bannon in those meetings is unprecedented
Continue reading “David Axelrod: I woke up this morning as an alternative fact”
- It’s part of a movement to re-purpose existing drugs for new uses.
- One of the most effective and affordable anti-parasitic medicines is being researched for potential cancer-fighting properties.
- If An Anti-Parasitic Drug Fights Cancer, Will It Remain Affordable?
One of the most effective and affordable anti-parasitic medicines is being researched for potential cancer-fighting properties. It’s part of a movement to re-purpose existing drugs for new uses.
Continue reading “If An Anti-Parasitic Drug Fights Cancer, Will It Remain Affordable? : NPR”
- Post engaging content tailored to your followers Try it now
- Nicolaiwadstrom found the using upflow.co
Continue reading “Artificial intelligence could one day diagnose skin cancer from smartphones”
- MPs launch probe into ‘fake news’ over fears democracy is being undermined and public are distrusting traditional sources of news
- The term ‘fake news’ is repeatedly used by the new US President Donald Trump to dismiss stories in newspapers and on the television that he claims to be false.
- In December, a YouGov survey found two-thirds of Britons believed social media platforms should do more to filter misleading or fake news stories from users’ feeds.
- Culture committee to examine rising concerns about rise of ‘fake news’
- Damian Collins MP, chairman of the Committee, said: ‘The growing phenomenon of fake news is a threat to democracy and undermines confidence in the media in general.
The Culture, Media and Sport Committee is to examine rising concerns that the public is distrusting traditional sources of news and instead turning to the internet and social media.
Continue reading “MPs launch probe into ‘fake news’ over fears democracy is being undermined and public are distrusting traditional sources of news “
- But I worry about the future repercussions of his missing his chance to say goodbye to his mom.
- When I spoke to his counselor about bringing him home to say goodbye, she told me that she thought his leaving the facility now is a bad idea.
- As for your wife, tell her you are working on your son’s visit.
- You might float the idea of engaging a travel companion for your son, who could see him safely to your wife’s door, then back to the facility again.
- To the counselor, say: “I respect your opinion that my son should stay on site now.
My wife is in the final stages of metastatic cancer, and my son has just been admitted to a drug rehab facility across the country. When I spoke to his counselor about bringing him home to say goodbye, she told me that she thought his leaving the facility now is a bad idea. (I didn’t say: “And letting his mother die without saying goodbye to him is a good idea?”) I don’t want to be difficult with the counselor. But can I bring this up again? And what should I tell my wife, who asks often?
Continue reading “A Son in Rehab, a Dying Parent: How to Bring Them Together?”
- Toasty warm, you get out of the tub.
- Clements filters stream water in hopes of capturing the synthetic DNA he released.
- Weitemier brings a second vial, full of stream water.
- Biologist Shaun Clements counts down the seconds before emptying a vial of synthetic DNA into a stream near Alsea, Oregon.
- But if all goes as planned and OSU is able to detect the DNA, Clements will repeat this experiment throughout Oregon.
Scientists are experimenting with species’ environmental DNA to find out how far and how fast it travels in streams. The technology is starting to revolutionize how we protect native animals.
Continue reading “Can New DNA Science Help Keep Our Fish Safe? : The Salt : NPR”